Monday, August 22, 2011

Bakmi Goreng (Indonesian Stir Fry Noodle)

Hi Everyone,

 
On Saturday afternoon, me, H and M went to sunday market at Paddington, the weather was just perfect. We had brunch, and took sometime to look around the market, and ended up buying some chocolates. I love their orange bliss.

After went home and stretched my legs, I had a sudden urge to cook this stir fry noodle. My mom used to cook this in a huge batch and I had it for lunch, dinner or even breakfast for the next morning. H was so happy when I said I want to cook this for dinner. It's difficult to name food that he doesn't like!

What I love about this is how versatile this meal is, you can add-in anything that you like, prawn, chicken, beef, pork, and veggies. The options are pretty much endless. The only thing you have to do is to have the spice paste ready in hand, and dinner or lunch will be served in minutes.  Such a lifesaver.

I submitted this recipe to an event called masak bareng yuk. They throw a round up with a different theme every month. The theme for this month is party dishes.



I couldn't think of any other dishes that represent party dishes better than this noodle.  This is 'a must' dish in every dinner party or birthday party in my family. So, enjoy!




Indonesian Stir Fry Noodle

Ingredients:
200 g egg noodles
100 g bean sprouts
100 g baby bok choy, chopped roughly
100 g prawn, shelled
1/2 medium spanish onion
4 cloves garlic
3 candle nut, toasted
3 tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
1/2 tbsp light soy sauce 
 50 ml chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
1. For the spice paste: blend together, spanish onion, garlic, and candle nut, until it resembles smooth paste
2. In another bowl, toss together egg noodles, kecap manis, light soy sauce.
3. Heat up the oil in a pan on medium, cook the prawn, until halfway through.
4. Add in the spice paste, cook them until they are fragrant and lightly coloured.
5. Add bok choy, noodles into the pan.
6. Add the chicken stock, salt and pepper, toss them well.
7. Add bean sprouts, cook for 1-2 minutes
8. Turn off the heat, and serve
Serves 2 



'Till then,

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious! I always wanted to find a way to use egg noodles, will definitely try it out with your recipe sometime. Love your photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fang Fang :D
    Thank you! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete