Thursday, August 4, 2011

Strawberry, apple, and golden raspberry crumble

Hi everyone,

When I was busy buying ingredients for the night, I found these golden raspberries in my green grocer. They were absolutely gorgeous, I love their golden ointment, and the fact that I had never tasted them, I said to myself " I just have to buy this and make something out of it!"




I was thinking of a galette, but I was too lazy to roll out a pastry. Then, I remembered I still had some strawberries in the fridge that were waiting to be devoured. So, I decided a crumble which was perfect.

So, I filled my basket with apples and slivered almond to make a decadent crumble. Recently, I experienced pain around the back of my head and neck. I suspected my cholesterol level almost hit a border line. So, just by hearing the word crumble, it made me feel better instantly.


Normally, when I was too focus in taking pictures of food, I forgot how hungry I was. I think H was a little worried about me doing some activities with empty and rumbling stomach. Without asking me or anything, he dropped me a sandwich filled with tomato, cheese and ham.

I couldn't be happier than that. Can you seriously ask for a better person?

Thank you for giving me such a wonderful care, H. This is for you..




Strawberry, apple, and golden raspberry crumble

Ingredients:
300 g strawberry, halved
50 g golden raspberry
1 granny smith apple, peeled, and chopped roughly
25 g sugar
10 g corn starch

Crumble mix
25 g cold butter, diced
100 g plain flour
50 g sugar
25 g slivered almond

Directions:

1. For the crumble topping: put the flour, sugar, and butter in a bowl.
2. Using your fingers rub in the butter until you have a coarse sandy mixture.
3. Toss in the slivered almond, set aside
4. For the fruits, mix them all well with sugar and starch, until well coated.
5. Distribute the fruits in 4 medium size cups equally.
6. Top each cups with 2-3 spoonful of crumbles.
7. You may freeze the remaining crumble in the freezer, and use it straight away without thawing.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 180C
8. Bake the crumble for 30 minutes, or until the fruits bubble.
9. Serve with a generous dollop of cream or ice cream




'Till then,

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment