Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Meringue with strawberries and passionfruit

For the past few months, everything had been so crazy and hectic. All I could think of was deadline, deadline, and deadline. To be frank, I was exhausted to the point that I need to take sometime off from everything, including cooking. H was worried, since all this time, whenever I hit rock bottom, I always cook or bake in order to calm myself down.

Until exactly two weeks ago, I had a sudden urge to bake cupcakes, make some donuts, and start planning what to cook next time. Finally!!




Last weekend was awesome, I met some of my college friends. We talked and laughed so hard. It was nice meeting them, it's been a while since we met last time. Some of us went for grocery shopping afterwards, and I grabbed some strawberries and passionfruit for my meringue.

Since I hadn't been using them in my cooking all summer, I though it would be perfect to have some of these berries, before I kiss them good bye.



Anyway, I feel much better now. I hope from now on I won't take so much break from blogging or even cooking and baking.

Hope you have a fantastic week!!






Meringue with Strawberry and Passionfruit
~Donna Hay~

Ingredients:
4 egg whites
1 cup or 220 g Caster sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

To serve:
250 ml Double cream, softly whipped
250 g Strawberries
4-5 Passionfruit

Directions:
1.  Pre-heat the oven at 100C
2. Whip the egg whites until stiff peaks.
3. Add sugar spoonful by spoonful, keep beating the egg whites.
4. Add vinegar and vanilla, whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy.
5. Place spoonfuls of meringue on a baking tray lined with non-stick baking paper.
6. Bake for 1 hour, turn every 30 minutes.
7. Turn the oven off and allow the meringues to cool in the oven for 1 hour.



'Till then,

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. A delightful dessert and comnbination! Amazing pictures too.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. your meringues look perfect! but take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, awesome....Looking forward to your updates...

    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look stunning! I love meringues and strawberries! Gorgeous photos

    ReplyDelete