During the weekends, I always think what food I should cook..I walked to the freezer, and saw a bag full of ribs..
I bought the ribs a while ago..
Planned to make a delicious BBQ Ribs..
Since I was pressed for time, and I needed to empty my freezer a little *yes, so I can buy more stuff^^*
So, I came up with this idea..
I made this Asian Inspired Ribs...
It is a cross breed between Chinese BBQ pork, and normal BBQ Ribs
Asian Inspired Ribs
1 slab baby back ribs
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp maple syrup/honey
1 lime juice (Don't throw away the pulp)
1/2 orange juice (Don't throw away the pulp
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick, broken into shards
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp chopped ginger (If u use ground ginger use 1/2 tsp)
1 bird eye chili
extra honey for glazing (a lot)
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
1. Combine oil, maple syrup, lime (juice and pulp), orange (juice and pulp), star anise, cinnamon stick,
garlic, ginger, and chili
2. Dunk in the ribs into the spice mixture. Let it marinade in the fridge over night
3. Take it out of the fridge 1 hour prior to cooking
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180C
5. Transfer the ribs into a tray of your choice, cover tightly with Al-Foil
6. Cook it for 1 hour
7. Uncover the ribs, pour the honey generously, and add 1 tsp five spice powder, cook for 10 minutes on one side
8. Take it out of the oven, turn the ribs over, pour more honey, and cook until golden brown
9. Serve with chopped fresh chili, and parsley or coriander.