Saturday, June 5, 2010

Potsticker

Dear Readers,
I used to call my dad before dinner to buy a snack for supper..
In Indonesia, we normally call it Kuo Tie.
It is also known as Potsticker.






I made this using shop bought dumpling skin, 
*I know, I know shop bought again!*
But hey, nothing is wrong with that.
and It is meant to be a snack, which means TIME required has to be as minimal as possible. 
*what an excuse*
Since, I was in a lazy mood, 
I didn't rub the cabbage with salt and squeeze the water out..
So, you might find that the cabbage was still a little bit too crunchy 
But hey, it just adds a little texture to your meaty filling *excuse #2*

Anyways,
Here is the recipe
Ingredients:
17-20 Shop bought dumpling skins (It has to be ROUND, and white in colour)
250 gr mince pork
100 gr cabbage, chopped
50 gr spring onion, chopped

Spices:
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp xhao shing rice wine
1 tsp sesame oil
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
Pepper
1 tbsp potato starch (you can also use corn starch)
Plain Flour to dust the plate later

Directions:
1. Mix the pork for about 2 minutes until a bit gooey
2. Add the spices to the pork mixture, mix thoroughly
3. Add in the cabbage and spring onion, mix well
4. Set aside for 30 minutes
5. Dust the plate or tray with flour just lightly
6. Place the pork mixture on the center of the dumpling skin
 7. Brush a little water around the edges of the skin
8. Fold the skin into half, and pinch the center of the half circle dumpling
9. Fold as shown in the picture below and press the edge of the fold

 10. Place the finished dumplings onto the dusted plate or tray
(Look, un-uniform dumplings *Allowed!!*)

11. Lightly oil the pan, place the pot sticker onto the pan
12. Cover with water until it reach about 1/4 height of the pot sticker, and cover the pan with a lid
13.  Once the water evaporates completely, uncover the pan and add about 2 tsp oil 
14. Once the bottom is golden brown, you are ready to serve.



As you may notice, I never post the step by step pictures on my blog, don't get me wrong, I post this since I was running out of words in explaining how to wrap the dumpling.
It was bloody hard. I tried to use my tripod.
But, I made a mess, flour everywhere. To avoid dusting my camera with flour...
I called for a HELP!!!
Thanks to B for helping me to take the step by step photos and demolished the cooked dumplings too..
So, will I ever take step by step photos in near future??!! Good Question... :P

and Last but not least, any methods in wrapping the dumpling will also DO!!

Hope you have a great weekend..^^



1 comment:

  1. well done! the step by step pictures really help a lot.. hihi. :)

    ReplyDelete