My morning routine has been pretty similar for the last couple of months *it changes every now and then depends on my uni timetable*. I snooze my alarm for 3-4 times, wake up, take a bath, have breakfast *toast with peanut butter and jelly *my absolute concoction*, or I buy something along my way to uni*, and rush to uni for classes!!
About a couple of days ago, I had a sudden urge to do a bake sale!!
I always adore tables laid with pretty cookies, and cakes, and cute packaging... I just want to be a part of it.
The craziest thing is I already picked a name for my bake sale goodies.. hahahaha..
But yeah, My thesis kicked me right in the butt, and asked me to finish it!! So long bake sale, I will MISS U.. I promise I will think about you again, soon!!!
Vanilla cupcake with chocolate ganache!! what could be more gratifying than that...
Here is the recipe:
Vanilla Cupcakes and Chocolate Ganache
Adapted from Nigella Lawson
125 g Unsalted Butter
125 gr Plain flour
125 g Caster Sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp Vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp milk
150 ml Single/Pouring Cream
150 g Dark/Milk Chocolate, chopped into small pieces
2 tsp Light Corn Syrup
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200 C
2. Mix Flour, baking soda, and baking powder, mix well, set aside
3. Cream the butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes on medium speed
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, incorporate them well
5. Add vanilla, milk and mix it well
6. Add the dry ingredients to the butter and eggs mixture, mix well
7. Place the batter into cupcake liner, until it half way full
8. Bake it for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
1. Bring the cream to a boil, turn off the heat
2. Add in the chocolate, and stir it well
3. Once all the chocolate melt, add in the light corn syrup
4. Set a side, until it cools completely, and the mixture is thicken
5. Spread the ganache over the cupcake, and you'll be a very happy person :)
So my readers, what would you like to buy if you are in a bake sale?
Have a great weekend everybody.:)