Yesterday was the perfect day to wish every father on earth " Happy father's day!". I have the most awesome and wonderful dad without whom I can't be here. He is someone who I turn to whenever I'm worried or lost faith and confidence in me. He will give words of wisdom and encouragement that awake me
Having said that, I always miss out either his big day, or this special father's day because of distance. Being able to cook or bake specially for him is my wish.
To accompany him while he watches golf tournaments or movies, he needs lots and lots of cookies. However, he is a bit conservative, it is difficult to force him to try something chocolaty. Eating chocolate isn't our custom. For him, chocolate is way too rich, and sweet, I truly understand that.
I created this recipe, just for him. This pie has a savoury bite, slight bitterness from the dark chocolate and not utterly sweet like most dessert. I think he will like it with a cup of warm tea.
So Dad, this is for you. Hope you have a wonderful day, and thank you for being my rock. And for you my readers, hope you had an awesome day with your father.
Dark Chocolate and Peanut Butter Pie
1 sheet dark chocolate shortcrust pastry ( I used careme)
50 ml thickened cream
50 g good quality dark chocolate
Peanut butter cream:
250 ml thickened cream
250 g cream cheese
200 g icing sugar, sifted
150 g smooth peanut butter
1. Bake the shortcrust pastry as directed, until cook through.
2. Meanwhile, combine thickened cream and dark chocolate, melt the chocolate under low heat, set aside until thickened.
3. In another bowl, beat the remaining cream, and icing sugar until soft peak, set aside
4. Mix together peanut butter, and icing sugar, set aside.
5. Combine the whipped cream and peanut butter mixture, mix well.
6. To assemble: spread the chocolate ganache over the pastry base.
7. Spread the peanut butter mixture on top of the ganache.
8. Chill the pie, and take it out 5 minutes before serving.
9. Here, I topped the pie with roasted hazelnuts, and cocoa nibs.