Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pan fried Scallop with pasta








Hi everyone..
this is the continuing part of a scallop dish..
Today.. the menu is Pan fried Scallop with pasta..



Ingredients:
8 scallops, roe removed
1/2  lemon
1 big red chili, de-seeded, and chopped roughly
1 clove garlic
1 tomato, diced roughly
1 tsp dried oregano or 1-2tbsp chopped parsley or  sprigs of thyme
butter
cooked pasta for 2 people
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Heat up the pan with a bit of oil with HIGH heat
2. Sear the scallop for 1.5 minutes, turn it over, cook for another 1.5 minutes
3. Take it off the heat, set a side
---at this stage, your pan is really hot, so wait for a while or you might smoke the whole house---
4. Add knob of butter to the same pan, until it starts sizzling
5. Add the chopped red chili, and garlic, and tomato, cook until fragrant
6. Add in the pasta, a juice of lemon, and the zest
7. Add in the scallop, and dried oregano/parsley/thyme, add salt and pepper to taste, toss it well
8. Serves 2 people


I do suggest you to try add in white wine *just a splash*, to lift up the dish *I don't have any at the moment*

I'm a newbie in this seafood world.
I don't like sashimi *what a shame.. I know*
I don't really cook seafood much in syd.
so, I searched on how to cook scallop perfectly..
Some says Cook it on a very high heat for just a minute..
or cook it very slowly with low heat..
I do what I was told..
so.. COOK IT on a very high heat..
It's perfect, I have to say..

p.s I smoked the whole house, because I was impatient to wait for the pan to cool down a little bit..




No comments:

Post a Comment