Sunday, March 21, 2010

Prawn and Scallop Wonton

Hi everyone,
Have you watched my kitchen rules??!!
I love to watch this series now..
I can't wait for the final on monday..

Before I watched this series,
I never thought that a home cook can deliver restaurant standard dishes..
I was wrong.. completely..
As long as you have the courage to try.. YOU certainly CAN!

So.. after being inspired by them..
I put myself to the test, to make something simple.. 
and plate it to a restaurant standard dish...
is it easy??!! 
NO!!!

To be honest, I sucked in decorating, or engaging in something artsy..
I have the picture in my mine, but just can't make it right in reality..

Anyway.. My sister helped me to plate up today.. 
So, it wasn't completely me afterall.. but It's kinda my idea at the start..hahaha..
This dish was inspired by kylie kwong recipe..
from simple chinese cooking



here is the recipe..

Ingredients :
100 gr scallop (removed the roe)
200 gr uncooked prawn (I used banana prawn), peeled
1 spring onion, chopped finely
a pinch ginger powder
1/4 tsp sugar
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp light soy sauce
1 tsp xiao xing rice wine
1/2 tsp sesame oil
a good grind of pepper
Fresh Wonton sheets

Directions:
1. Chop the scallop, and prawn roughly
2. Add in spring onion, sugar, ginger powder, rice wine, sesame oil, soy sauce, pepper, mix well
3. Leave it for 30 minutes, or overnight
4. Now, you're ready to fill the wonton skin, and roll..
5. It really depends on which shape you want, so I leave it to your creativity
6. Deep fry it until golden brown

If you wonder about the sauce I dotted around the plate..
It was a rice vinegar and sugar, boiled, and reduced


I understand that scallops are a bit pricy..
But, there is nothing wrong to indulge yourself once in a while...
And.. I strongly suggest to buy prawns with the skin on.. 
Why??!!
Better, and fresher..
When I buy prawns
I always want the skin, and all parts of the prawn to be intact..
The most important thing is
ask your fish monger..... 
ask which variety of prawn that is in season, and suit your dishes..
Enjoy! :D



1 comment:

  1. looks yummy lagi yu.. haha. cocol mayo enak kali yaa.. jd kyk dimsum. hehehe

    ReplyDelete