Yesterday was my Dad's BIG Day!!
Being away from home makes me feel a bit emotional :(..
But, this doesn't stop me from giving him something special.
"I know you might not be able to taste this Dad..
But, I hope you enjoy the pictures I took"
I made this cookies
since he likes cookies a lot.
He likes this to accompany him while he is watching TV.
I picked the Jam drop cookies because I love cookies with jam on top of anything
I followed the recipe from Donna Hay..
I like this recipe, since it didn't stick to the rolling pin and bench as much as any other cookies recipes that I have tried
*but u still have to flour the rolling pin and bench as a safety measure ^^*
and It's very simple..
So.. give it a try..:)
Here is the recipe :
Jam Daisy Drop
~by Donna Hay~
125 g butter, softened
110 g caster sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
225 g plain flour
2 tbsp or more store-bought raspberry jam (I used strawberry jam)
1. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl with electric mixer and beat for 8-10 minutes or until pale and creamy
2. Add the egg, and vanilla and beat for another 2-3 minutes or until well combined
3. Add flour and beat until smooth dough forms
4. Divide the dough into 2 parts, and wrap each part in a plastic wrap
5. Freeze the dough on the fridge for 30 minutes
6. Pre-heat the oven to 180C
7. Roll each dough piece of dough out between two sheets of non-stick baking paper to 5mm-thick
8. Use a 6 cm fluted round cookie cutter to cut 24 rounds from the dough
9. Place 12 rounds on baking trays lined with baking paper
10. Top each round cookie with 1/4 tsp of jam
11. Use a 2cm round cookie cutter to cut a hole from the center of the remaining rounds
12. Sandwich them with the jam rounds
13. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
14. Allow to cool on wire racks
Hope you have a wonderful weekend