Friday, July 2, 2010

Baked Macaroni

Sydney has become colder and colder..
Shivering, as well as getting hungry all the time, which frustrates me a little bit.
I crave for carbs, sweets, anything which lead me to the consequences that I have to conquer i.e gaining weight, and pimples appearing happily everywhere. None of them are good.
However, I am not afraid to add more mess to the body, as long as my tummy is full. 
You don't want to see an angry hungry woman lying around the house, and mess everything up, do you?
So, I made this baked macaroni. 
It is very simple, very cheesy, and very gratifying. Nothing beats the carbs and protein overloaded foods, Don't u agree?.



This is one of my youngest sister favourite. I have nothing to worry if I made this for her, she will polish it with no problem!
So for any cheese lovers in the world. Give it a try! :)

Baked Macaroni

Ingredients:
2 cups (250 g) macaroni (elbow is good)
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
250 ml milk
250 ml cream
100 g sour cream, room temperature (It's a must)
2 eggs
1 tsp ground mustard
1 tsp or more smoked paprika powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp chicken powder
black pepper
salt
60 gr Parmesan cheese, grated
60 gr tasty cheese, grated
60 gr red leicester, grated ( I love the colour of this)

Directions:
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C
2. Minced or ground the onion and garlic into a puree
3. Heat up the pan, add 1 tbsp oil, cook the onion and garlic puree until fragrant
4. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, mix the cream, sour cream, milk, eggs
5. Pour the milk mixture into the pan, add all the dry ingredients, and the cheeses (left some cheese for the toppings)
6. Mix well, and turn off the heat.
7. Cook the macaroni according to the packet's directions
8. Drain the macaroni, and pour it into the milk mixture, mix well
9. Grease the ramekin with butter or oil
10. Pour the macaroni mixture into the greased ramekin
11. Top it with the remaining cheeses
12. Baked it or 30 minutes or until golden brown.


Happy trying :)
 

4 comments: